2nd Sunday Skype discussion

Previous Sunday, we had a fruitful discussion. Although my theme for discussion was not analyzed, I have to admit that I learned a lot from this Skype meeting. We discussed about our concerns on how to choose a theme for our inquiry and how we deal with specific problems during teaching.
I was really intrigued by one phrase: "introduce a gap through our research". I kept thinking the meaning of that phrase and how this could happen. It is well known that every research or inquiry has its own limits due to various reasons; it might be the limited sample or the restrictions related to the space that do not enable the researcher to generalize his/her findings. This inevitably leads to gaps in researches. As a result, there should be more researches in order to generalize successfully the findings. But what happens when the researcher introduces something new? Personally, I think that introducing a gap means to divulge something that it did not exist before. Through the process of research/inquiry, the researcher finds out that something is missing from the puzzle. This leads me to think that gap in research could have double meaning.
When it comes to dance inquiry, I believe that this notion is more obvious. The dance field has not yet been expanded and developed as other scientific fields and there should be a lot of researches in order to find the missing pieces. This unavoidably creates more chances for questioninq, searching, analyzing and concluding/reasoning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog